straw Pelleting Plant
3-3.5T/H Straw pellet production
The straw pelleting plant is a pellet processing system that can utilize various straws, various abandoned crops, and various forestry wastes. The pellets processed by this system can be used as fuel, feed, fertilizer, horse bedding, etc.
According to different applications, the process design and equipment of the straw pellet production line are different. Here, only the solution of 3-3.5t/h straw pellet fuel production line is shown. If you want to know more information, please contact WhatsApp directly: 86 138 3838 9622.
Cost: 150,000-500,000 USD
How to build a 3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant?
1. Raw materials
This is the first thing you need to consider. You have to know what your raw material is, whether it is in sufficient supply, and whether it can be made into pellets after testing.
For example, there are many fields around, and various straws, straws, and rice husks can be used; if the supply of straws is insufficient, other raw materials can be investigated and supplemented.
For example, is there a sawmill, furniture factory nearby? Sawdust and waste wood can be used to make pellets; there are many mountains around. According to the characteristics of the region, branches, bamboo, palm shells, etc. can be used as raw materials. After solving this step, you will have a good start.
2. Site selection for 3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant construction
There are many things you need to consider in this regard:
- Area: The land area of the factory area should meet the requirements of production technology and transportation, and reserve land for expansion.
- Water source: An environment with convenient water supply can ensure the efficiency of production.
- Electricity: The small electric power can’t drive the machines with relatively large power consumption such as biomass pellet mill, pulverizer, straw dryer, pellet cooler, etc., so a transformer is needed to ensure the power supply.
- Transportation: The factory site should be selected in a place with convenient transportation and abundant raw materials, which can not only facilitate production and transportation, but also reduce costs and facilitate transportation and sales.
3. Plant layout
First you need to determine your 3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant process. In addition, all kinds of equipment in the production line should be arranged reasonably and compactly according to the structure of the factory building, which is not only convenient for operation, maintenance and management, but also saves area.
The main straw pellet production equipment, such as pulverizers and straw pellet mills, should be placed as close to the window as possible to facilitate lighting and operation.
Raw material storage sites, production sites, and finished product storage sites must be properly planned to fully save space. At the same time, pay attention to the fire distance and consider fire safety.
Usually the production process of the whole biomass straw pellet machine production line is: raw material – pulverization (determine whether to configure a biomass pulverizer depending on the raw material) – drying – transportation – forming (granulation) – —Cooling—-Packing—-Storage.
According to the normal production process, the basic supporting equipment of the biomass fuel pellet plant is: pulverizer, dryer, conveyor, straw pellet forming machine (biomass pellet machine), cooling machine and packaging machine.
4. 3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant equipment configuration
- Choose straw pellet machines with different outputs according to your actual production needs. What suits you is the best.
- Choose the corresponding auxiliary equipment according to the raw material: if the raw material has high humidity, a dryer is needed; if the raw material is straw, wood chips, branches, etc., a shredder is needed.
- Be sure to choose a professional straw pellet plant manufacturer with strength. Investigate the production period and scale of the manufacturer to see if it has obtained production standard certification, such as: ISO certification, CE certification.
- The equipment should be able to run continuously for 24 hours, with high productivity, less failure and less power consumption. The service life of the mold should be as long as possible.
After determining the output and scale of your straw pellets plant, staff it according to actual needs.
Generally speaking, the dust in the pellet production site is serious, and the labor cost will increase. Therefore, choosing a pellet production line with a high degree of automation can reduce labor costs.
6. Fuel Sales
Develop your own customer resources to make your pellet fuel marketable. This is undoubtedly an important point. If you have the heart to explore, it is recommended to give consideration to both domestic and foreign markets.
- It can be supplied to ordinary households. It is widely used in Europe, Japan and South Korea as civil heating and living energy.
- Supplied to power plants for thermal power generation.
- As the main fuel for biomass industrial boilers, it can replace coal, heavy oil and natural gas to solve environmental pollution.
3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting Project Report
There are huge business potentials to start straw pellet production line. Not only can one outsource to individuals or small communities, but also big corporations and industries. The selection of the right straw pellet equipment and technology for a straw pelleting plant is critical when establish your own biomass fure straw pellet manufacturing business.
Below RICHI Machinery will list two cases for you, and refer to the projects and solutions we have done.
[Case 1] 3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant project
The client of this project is entering the biomass energy industry for the first time, investing USD 420,000 to build a straw pellet production line. The project labor quota is 10 people, working 300 days a year, one shift per day, each shift is 8 hours.
At present, for many countries, the relative shortage of energy, the irrationality of the energy structure and the storage area of energy resources, and the energy waste and environmental pollution caused by the low efficiency in the process of energy development and utilization have become economic and social problems. important factor for sustainable development.
Therefore, exploiting agricultural and forestry wastes in rural areas to turn them into resources and energy, and implementing strategies to promote the development of biomass energy play an important role in economic development. If you also see the promise of this industry, why not take a deeper look?
The 3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant project covers an area of 4000m², with a construction area of 2493.6m². The buildings mainly include workshops and offices.
The gate of the project is located on the north side of the factory area, workshop 1 is located on the west side of the factory area, workshop 2 and the raw material warehouse are located on the south side of the factory area, and the office is located on the north side of the factory area.
- Production workshop: used to produce biomass pellets, located on the west side of the factory area, with a building area of 378m².
- Raw material warehouse: located on the south side of the factory area, with a construction area of 816m².
- Office: Located on the north side of the factory area, with a construction area of 75.6m².
Consumption of raw materials
|Main raw and auxiliary materials||Consumption (t/a)|
|Sawdust and other waste||2500|
3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant process design
- Crushing: The purchased dry cotton stalks, corn stalks, wood chips, etc. are sent to chippers and shredders for crushing.
- Screening: The crushed material is transported to the trommel screen for screening through the belt conveyor, and the material with a larger particle size is returned to the crushing process, and the material conveying process is sealed.
- Pelletization: The material with qualified particle size is transported to the biomass straw pellet machine by belt conveyor to make the material into granules, and the material conveying process is sealed. (Related post: biomass pellet mill for sale)
- Packaging of finished products: The finished products are packaged and stored for sale.
Main equipment and parameters
|Straw Wood Biomass Chipper||1||60kW||TPQ216|
|Wood Straw Crusher||1||55kW||TPQ65|
|Product name||Design scale (t/a)||Running time (h/a)|
|Biomass pellets||Phase I: 2000; Phase II: 2000; after the completion of the second phase, the whole factory will be 4000||1800|
- Heating: The production area does not need to be heated in winter, and the office area is heated by air conditioning in winter, which can meet the heating needs of the project.
- Power supply: The 3.5t/h straw pelleting plant project uses about 500,000 kW•h/a of electricity, which is supplied by the local power grid, and the pull wires are drawn from nearby substations, which can meet the electricity demand for project production.
- Water supply: provided by the local water supply network, the water quality and quantity meet the water demand of the project. The fresh water consumption of the project is 360 m³/a, mainly water for dust suppression and domestic water for employees.
- Wastewater: All water for dust suppression in the project is evaporated, and no production wastewater is produced; the wastewater is mainly the domestic sewage of employees, with a volume of 0.32m³/d (96m³/a). Cleaning, no discharge, no waste water discharge in the whole plant.
- Exhaust gas: Waste gas in the process of feeding, crushing, screening, and granulation of biomass pellets: gas collection hood + bag filter (sub-meter meter) + 15m high exhaust pipe, while the workshop is sealed and the equipment is sprayed Sprinkler device.
Material loading and unloading process (unorganized): the material is stored in the raw material warehouse, and a sprinkler device is installed to sprinkle water to reduce dust during material loading and unloading; the material conveying process is airtight; set up a fog cannon to reduce dust in the factory.
- Noise: The mechanical noise generated during the operation of production equipment, select low-noise equipment, foundation vibration reduction, workshop sound insulation, etc.
- Solid waste: leftovers and dust are classified and collected and reused in production; waste packaging materials are collected and sold; domestic waste is regularly cleared and transported by the sanitation department. (Related solution: 1-1.5t/h biomass pellet production line)
[Case 2] 3 t/h straw pelleting plant project
- Project nature: newly built
- Project investment: a total investment of 180,000 US dollars
- Occupied area: The total area of the project is 666.7m² (about 1.0 mu), and the total construction area is 460m², 1 new workshop.
- Construction scale: After the project is completed, 9,000 tons of biomass fuel pellets will be processed.
- Labor quota and work system: The labor quota of this project is 3 people, and a shift system is implemented, with 10 hours of work per shift and 300 days of work in a year.
- The project covers an area of 666.67 m², and only builds one production workshop with a construction area of 460 m².
Main raw materials
- Raw material: straw
- Consumption: 9010t/a
- Storage capacity: 5t/a
- Packing form: Bulk
- Storage location: workshop raw material area
Equipment for 3 t/h straw pelleting plant
- 1 set of crushing system: straw grinder, silo;
- 1 set of granulation system: straw pellet press, finished product warehouse;
3T/H straw pellet production process flow
The customer’s straw raw material moisture is less than 15%, and has been chopped and sliced, so there is no need to configure hay cutters, slicers and straw dryer.
The process flow we design for customers is as follows:
The purchased raw materials are transported to the factory area by a transport vehicle covered with a tarpaulin, and crushed by a straw pulverizer. The crushed straw powder enters the raw material warehouse through negative pressure suction for storage, and the raw material is transported to the straw pellet machine by a fully enclosed screw for extrusion.
Compression forming, the formed pellets are transported to the finished product silo through a fully enclosed conveyor belt for temporary storage, and after the pellets are naturally cooled, they are manually packed in tons of bags and wait for sale.
The water for this 3 t/h straw pelleting plant project is uniformly supplied by the water supply station where the project is located, and the water quantity and quality can meet the water demand of the project. The water used in this project is mainly domestic water and fog cannon water, with a total water consumption of 8.84m³/d.
- Production water: This project is mainly used for dust suppression during raw material loading and unloading. This project uses a fog cannon machine for dust suppression. The water consumption of the fog cannon machine is 1.5m³/d, which is centrally supplied by the water supply system where the project is located.
- Domestic water: This project has a labor quota of 3 people, all of whom are nearby residents. They do not have board and lodging in the factory area. RThe domestic water consumption of employees is 50L/ Calculated by people•d, domestic water consumption is 0.15m³/d.
The rain and sewage diversion system is adopted for the drainage of the project, and the rainwater is collected separately and discharged outside. The daily spraying water of the fog cannon machine is taken away with evaporation, and no production wastewater is generated.
The amount of domestic wastewater generated is calculated based on 80% of the water consumption, so the amount of domestic wastewater generated is 0.12m³/d, mainly washing wastewater, and the amount of wastewater generated is small, which is directly used for dust suppression in the factory area.
Heating and cooling
This 3 t/h straw pelleting plant project has no production heat. Electric heaters or air conditioners are used for heating in winter, and coal-fired boilers are not used; air conditioners are used for cooling in summer.
The power consumption of this project is connected to the local power supply pipeline network, and the power and voltage can meet the power demand of this project.
Since the project site has strict environmental protection requirements, in order to further reduce the amount of fugitive dust, the main measures to be taken in this project are as follows:
- Minimize the generation of dust in production in terms of process design, and choose more advanced production equipment in this industry, which can reduce the phenomenon of dust running and emitting;
- Raw material transportation vehicles should adopt closed body as far as possible, and ensure that the materials are not spilled or leaked.
- In the process of sieving and granulating, try to use closed equipment;
- Minimize the drop of the material at the material outlet to reduce the escape of dust;
- The workshop and dry powder spare room shall be airtight.
- Clean and collect dust deposited on the ground or workbench regularly.
- Strengthen the collection and management of unorganized emissions from the 3 t/h straw pelleting plant workshop, and install workshop dust purifiers in the workshop material loading process and dry material standby powder room to reduce workshop dust emissions. (Related post: 2t/h biomass pellet manufacturing plant)
Why use straw to process biomass pellet energy?
Biomass energy is an important part of energy resources. Its development and utilization can alleviate my country’s energy shortage, provide clean and high-quality energy, and can partially replace coal, oil and natural gas. As biomass energy, it has the advantages of no public harm, renewable and beneficial to environmental protection.
Many countries are very rich in biomass energy. The development of biomass solid fuels and the implementation of coal substitution can significantly reduce carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide emissions and produce huge environmental benefits.
Especially in recent years, the government and the public have paid more and more attention to the impact of agricultural residues residues on environmental pollution, and put forward higher requirements for the resource utilization and harmless treatment of agricultural residues.
Therefore, investing in the establishment of a straw pelleting plant will be supported by the government.
Hazards of incineration of straw and other agricultural, rural and agricultural residues:
- Pollution of the air environment, endangering human health. When burning straw, the three pollution indexes of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and inhalable particulate matter in the atmosphere reached their peaks, among which the concentration of sulfur dioxide was twice as high as usual, and the concentration of nitrogen dioxide and inhalable particulate matter was three times higher than usual.
Equivalent to the fifth level of daily average concentration. When the concentration of inhalable particles reaches a certain level, it will greatly irritate the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and throat, and cause coughing, chest tightness, and tears in mild cases, and may cause bronchitis in severe cases.
- Cause a fire, threatening the safety of people’s life and property. Straw burning is very easy to ignite the surrounding combustibles, especially near the mountains and forests. Once a fire is triggered, the consequences will be disastrous.
- Cause traffic accidents, affecting road traffic and aviation safety. Since there is a large amount of farmland on both sides of most expressways, the smog formed by burning straw will cause air visibility to decrease, and the visible range will be reduced, which will easily lead to traffic accidents.
- Destroy the soil structure and cause the quality of farmland to decline. The burning of straw causes the ground temperature to rise sharply, which can directly burn and scald the beneficial microorganisms in the soil, affect the full absorption of soil nutrients by crops, directly affect the yield and quality of farmland crops, and affect agricultural income.
If you also want to build your own 3-3.5 t/h straw pelleting plant, please feel free to consult Richi Machinery!
LEAVE YOUR NEEDS
Keeping in touch with us is an effective way to solve all your problems. If you have any needs or questions, please leave your contact information, then RICHI technical consultants will send design, quotation, videos to your mailbox. You can also contact us directly via WhatsApp: +86 13838389622