Best Solution 3T/H biomass pellet making plant For Crop Waste
3 T/H Biomass pellets production
How to build your own biomass pellet making plant? What do you need to pay attention to? What are the preparations? You may have a series of questions.
Don’t worry, Richi Machinery can provide you with a series of services such as consultation, customized biofuel pellet production line design, equipment manufacturing, installation and commissioning, operation training, original accessories, and after-sales technical support.
3T/H biomass pellet making plant Solution
- Capacity: 3000kg/h
- Raw materials: straw, straw, forage, rice husk, peanut shell, bamboo, bagasse, EFB, sawdust, coffee husk, poppy husk, etc.
- Application: comprehensive utilization of agricultural and forestry waste.
- Transformer: ≥500 kVA.
- Recommended users: pellet processing plants, biomass power plants, farms, farms, crop processing plants, etc.
How to build a 3 t/h biomass pellet making plant?
- Inspect the quality, price, and quantity of raw materials, and also consider the factors of long-term supply (that is, long-term control), so that we can plan the configuration of the production line and analyze the cost according to the raw materials.
- After determining the raw materials, it is necessary to determine the factory building. The construction or finding of the factory building is generally close to the raw material or a place with convenient transportation. It is best to have both.
- Transformers. The biomass granulation industry consumes a lot of electricity. After determining the production capacity, choose to purchase a transformer that matches the production capacity according to the equipment power provided by the equipment manufacturer.
- Purchase equipment. Before purchasing equipment, you must first understand the product quality of the equipment manufacturer. It is often difficult to distinguish good or bad product quality in the network environment.
- Equipment installation and commissioning, RICHI will send technicians to provide guidance, installation, commissioning and training.
Below I will show you two project examples of biomass pellet production line, I hope it can be helpful to you!
3 t/h biomass pellet plant Project Report
There are huge business potentials to start biomass pellet plant. Not only can one outsource to individuals or small communities, but also big corporations and industries. The selection of the right biomass pellet equipment and technology for a biomass pelleting plant is critical when establish your own biomass fure biomass pellet manufacturing business.
[Case 1] 3 t/h environmentally friendly biomass pellet making plant
The client is a biomass fuel company.
Under the favorable conditions of fully examining market demand and sources of raw materials, following the guidance of the local government’s policy of strictly prohibiting straw incineration, an investment of 290,000 US dollars was made in an area rich in raw materials to build a new environmentally friendly biomass fuel with an annual production capacity of 7,200 tons.
The fuel pellet plant project has received strong support and cooperation from the local government and villagers.
The project uses straw, sawdust, bamboo chips, rice husks and other agricultural residues to make them into biomass fuel pellets through crushing, drying, and compression molding.
This pellet makes the large-scale utilization of biomass energy feasible, and realizes high-efficiency and environmentally friendly combustion. It provides a reliable and feasible way to comprehensively utilize resources such as shavings and chaff, and reduce on-site burning.
The rural leftovers such as sawdust, bamboo chips and rice husks have not been dealt with in a timely and effective manner, especially in the area where the project is located, there are many bamboo and wood product enterprises, and the environmental problems have become increasingly prominent.
The construction of this biomass pellet making plant project will effectively improve the local air environment quality.
- Nature of construction: newly built
- Total project investment: USD 290,000
- Construction scale: annual output of 7,200 tons of biomass fuel pellets
- Production shift system and labor quota: After completion and operation, the labor quota will be 8 people, one shift system will be implemented, 8 hours per shift, and the number of production days will be 300 days. Since the workers are nearby residents, there are no canteens and staff dormitories in this project.
Main construction content
This project is all newly built, including production workshops, drying workshops, office rooms, warehouses and other ancillary facilities.
- Production workshop, raw material warehouse (steel structure 2F): construction area 2386m², 60m*30m+586m²
- Office: construction area 30m²
- Finished product warehouse: construction area 400m²
- Others: construction area 96m²
|Biomass fuel pellets||7200t/a, 3t/h (of which 120 tons are self-produced and used)|
Consumption of raw and auxiliary materials
|Name||Annual consumption (t/a)|
|Bamboo powder, bamboo chips||3200|
- In this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project, about 1.3~2 tons of biomass raw materials are required for each ton of finished biomass pellets.
- The raw materials used in this project are relatively dry, and the ratio of biomass raw materials to finished biomass fuels is approved at 1.5:1. Sawdust and wood scraps: refer to the powdery sawdust and scraps of the trees themselves that are scattered from the trees due to cutting during wood processing.
Wood processing uses wood as raw material, mainly by mechanical or chemical methods, and its products still maintain the basic characteristics of wood. It is a high-quality raw material for processing biomass fuel.
- Straw and chaff: refer to the remaining stems and leaves of gramineous crops such as rice, wheat, and corn after threshing. Among them, rice straw is often called rice straw and rice husk, and wheat straw is called wheat straw.
The solidified biomass pellet fuel has a large specificity and small volume, which is convenient for storage and transportation. It is a high-quality solid fuel with a calorific value of 3200-4500 kcal. It has the characteristics of flammability, less ash content, and low cost.
It can replace firewood , Raw coal and other fuels have high density, high calorific value, regular shape, and good fluidity. It is very convenient to realize automatic combustion control, which can save a large amount of energy costs for enterprises.
- Bamboo powder (strip): It is the powder and waste leftovers produced during the processing of bamboo products. Its wood fiber is thick, easy to burn, and has the advantages of high calorific value.
- The above-mentioned sawdust and chaff used in this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project are relatively dry and have low water content, so there is no need to dry them; wood scraps need to be dried.
The raw materials to be dried are about 7200t/a, and the water content is between 25% and 45%. The moisture content of the raw material is about 15% after drying in a hot air stove, and the moisture content of the finished biomass after molding is 5% and the sulfur content is 0.1%.
Equipment for 3 t/h biomass pellet making plant
|High pressure centrifugal fan||1|
|MZLH420 Biomass pelleting machine||2|
|Automatic bagging machine||1|
|Bag dust removal||1|
Biomass Pellet Production Process flow
All of this project is newly built. The plant construction process is divided into four stages: preparation, construction, equipment commissioning, and completion and operation.
- The pre-preparation stage is mainly for preparations before construction, mainly for site comparison and selection, engineering scheme design and land acquisition.
- The construction stage mainly consists of basic engineering, main body engineering, environmental protection engineering and equipment installation, commissioning, and completion acceptance. The construction period is over.
This 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project uses straw, sawdust, waste wood scraps, bamboo powder (bamboo strips) and chaff as raw materials for the production of biofuel pellets;
- Crushing and screening: All raw materials are crushed by the buried crusher and then filtered through the corresponding mesh sieve. The powder that meets the requirements enters the drying cylinder through the sieve; the powder that does not meet the requirements continues to be crushed in the crushing chamber.
- Drying: The hot air and smoke generated by the hot blast stove pass through the fire grill and then the high-temperature hot air and smoke are fully mixed with the raw material powder from the buried crusher in the drying cylinder to heat and dry the raw materials.
At the end of the drying cylinder under the action of the high-pressure centrifugal fan, it enters the second-level cyclone solid-gas separation tower to fully separate the smoke and water vapor from the raw materials.
The separated smoke and water vapor are led to the spray tower for treatment, and then passed through the 15-meter-high exhaust tube. The separated dry raw materials are transported to the dry raw material spare room along the pipeline under the action of the screw conveyor or directly into the molding machine for molding.
The raw materials are only separated from the cyclone separation tower from the entrance of the buried crusher to the exit of the dry raw material (semi-finished product) spare room. There is a dust collection pipe on the top and it is introduced into the outlet of the spray tower, all of which are processed and treated in a closed system.
- Compression molding: The semi-finished dry material in the spare room directly enters the molding machine for molding through the screw conveyor. According to the needs of customers, it is equipped with a biomass pellet making machine to make granules of different specifications, and cut into finished products of a certain length by the export cutter. (Related product: biomass pellet mill for sale)
- Cooling: The newly formed finished product has a high temperature due to high pressure, and is sent to the cooling tower for cooling through the bucket chain conveyor belt; this process mainly adopts natural air cooling.
The hot stove fuel of this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project uses biomass pellet fuel (135t/a biomass). The combustion efficiency and method of the hot blast stove in this project are the same as those of the biomass boiler, but the heat transfer medium is different.
The south of the project is the entrance of the factory area and the finished product storage yard; the east side of the factory area is arranged along the direction of the factory building with complete fuel pellet plant, spray treatment towers and chimneys.
The north is the raw material storage yard; the south is the supporting facilities such as office and living areas and utility rooms, and the west is the Finished products and semi-finished products area.
(1) Water supply and drainage
- Water supply: The water used in this project is mainly domestic water for employees and water for dust removal, using mountain spring water in nearby forests. The project labor quota is 8 people, calculated as 150L/d per person, the total domestic water consumption is 1.2m³/d (360m³/a). Spray water 30t/a (0.1t/d), circulating water replenishment, no external discharge.
- Drainage: The drainage of the project adopts the rainwater and sewage diversion system. After the rainwater is collected, it is discharged into the nearby creek through the rainwater ditch; the domestic sewage in the factory area is used as agricultural fertilizer after being treated in the septic tank. There is no production wastewater in this project.
(2) Power supply
The project will self-build transformers, power supply facilities, and a power distribution room with an installed capacity of 400KVA.
(3) Transportation routes
The transportation of raw and auxiliary materials and finished products is entrusted to social vehicles, and the transportation in the factory is carried by loaders and transfer vehicles.
[Case 2] 15,000 T/A biomass pellet making plant project
Origin of the project
In the context of vigorous development of biomass energy, the client company invested 400,000 US dollars to lease an idle factory building to build 2 new production lines of shaped biomass pellets, with a production scale of 15,000 tons per year, 3 tons per hour.
This project is to make use of waste resources, and process waste resources such as chaff and wood scraps into shaped biomass pellets. Shaped biomass pellets have the advantages of easy storage, transportation, convenient use, high combustion efficiency, and clean and environmentally friendly.
After the project is completed and put into operation, it will solve the by-product or waste disposal problems of surrounding rice factories, furniture factories, wood processing factories, etc., while increasing jobs and promoting local economic development, with good economic and social benefits.
The labor quota of this biomass pellet manufacturing plant project is 8 people, and the annual working days are 300 days. Two shifts are adopted, and there is no production at night (22:00~6:00).
This 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project mainly includes raw material storage, finished product storage, crushing area, crushing area, granulation area, packaging area, etc., with a construction area of 1320m².
- Production workshop: The production workshop includes crushing area, crushing area, granulation area and packaging area. Brick-concrete structure, located on the first floor, with a construction area of about 1300m² and a height of 6m.
It is planned to set up 2 fuel pellet production lines with a production scale of 15,000 tons/year. Equipped with drum-type wood chip machine, high-efficiency pulverizer, pellet machine, bag filter, cyclone dust collector and other equipment.
- Office and living area: brick-concrete structure, located on the second floor, with a construction area of 20m², and an office and kitchen on the second floor.
- Weighbridge: Located at the entrance and exit of the project, it is convenient for weighing, and the maximum weighing capacity is 120t.
- Floor: Located on the south side of the project, the area is about 180m² (5m*36m).
- Raw material warehouse: The building area of the raw material warehouse is about 216m² (18m*12m), and the height is 6m. The raw material warehouse is used to store the collected raw materials. The raw material warehouse adopts a fully enclosed type, with a suction fan on the east side partition and a 6# rolling gate on the east side.
- Finished product warehouse: The area of the finished product warehouse is about 108m² (10.5m*12m-3*6), which is used for stacking bagged and sealed finished products. The finished product warehouse is integrated with the granulation area and the packaging area as a whole, and it communicates with the outside world through partitions, curtains and 4# rolls.
Main raw materials and product solutions
The annual consumption of raw materials for the 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project is about 15,600 tons.
|Name||Consumption||Maximum storage capacity|
|Chaff||About 5000 tons/a||About 1000t|
|Furniture factory scraps||About 7300 tons/a||about 2000t/a|
|Wood mill scraps||About 3500 tons/a||About 500t/a|
|Electricity||About 125,000 kW h/a||/|
- The moisture content of raw materials is ≦12%, and the raw materials with a moisture content higher than 12% are not collected or used;
- Do not collect or use scraps that are contaminated with paint, adhesives and their compounds;
- Do not collect or use scraps of broken boards that are contaminated with other toxic and harmful substances;
- Materials that cannot be crushed by drum-type wood chippers can be collected and used after being processed by the collection site.
The diameter is about 8mm, the length is about 50~70mm, the ash content is 2.0%~5%, the density is ≧1.1t/m3, and the low calorific value is 3200kg/kcal. The moisture content of the finished product is less than 8%.
- Biomass pellets mainly composed of rice husks, with an output of 4960t/a;
- Biomass pellets mainly composed of leftover materials, with an output of 10040t/a.
Equipment needed in 3 t/h biomass pellet making plant
|Drum chipper (with conveyor belt)||1|
|High-efficiency shredder (with transport belt)||1|
|High Efficiency Centrifugal Fan||1|
|MZLH420 biomass pellets machine||1|
|MZLH520 biomass pellet machine||1|
|Supporting cooling and dehumidification fan unit||1|
|Weighbridge (maximum capacity is 120t)||1|
|Cyclone dust collector||1|
3 ton biomass pellet making process flow
The process of this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project has strict requirements on the moisture content of raw materials. According to the information provided by the construction unit, the moisture content of raw materials purchased for this project is lower than 12%, and the moisture content of finished products is not higher than 8%.
The entire process of this project does not require drying and disposal. The water loss process is the loss of water in the form of water vapor under the action of high temperature and high pressure in the granulation process.
- Raw material preparation
The raw materials of this project include chaff, waste scraps from furniture factories and wood processing factories. Chaff can be directly granulated, and waste scraps from furniture factories and wood processing factories need to be crushed and crushed before they can be granulated.
- Chipping section
The waste leftovers from furniture factories and wood processing plants are sliced into small pieces of wood chips under the action of a drum wood chipper (commonly known as a crusher).
- Crushing section
The sliced small wood chips are crushed under the action of the crusher to meet the requirements of the pellet machine. The crushing process is equipped with a cyclone dust collector for dust removal.
(Chipping is to slice the large pieces of leftovers into flakes of small pieces of wood under the action of a drum wood chipper, and crushing is to crush small pieces of wood into smaller pieces with a particle size of less than 8mm under the action of a high-efficiency wood pellet hammer mill crusher).
- Granulation section
The pulverized raw materials are stirred and then enter the biomass pellet mill for granulation. Under the condition of high temperature and high pressure, the moisture in the raw materials is condensed into liquid water through the pipeline in the form of water vapor and discharged to the external environment.
The raw materials are pressed into shaped biomass pellets and passed through the belt. The conveyor transports to the next process. The granulation process of 3t/h biomass pellet making plant adopts electric heating, and the granulation temperature is 80°C~120°C.
- Packing and storage
The shaped biomass pellets output by the pellet machine enter the hopper under the action of the belt conveyor. This process is cooled by natural cooling or wind cooling. At the same time, the shaped biomass pellets are packed at the outlet of the hopper. Then the bagged finished products are temporarily stored in the finished product warehouse for sale.
(1) Water supply
There is no production water in this project, and the water used in the operation period is mainly domestic water for employees and transport personnel.
The labor quota for this project is 8 people, 1 person lives in the factory area, and 7 people do not live in the factory area. The annual working hours are 300 days.
The domestic water consumption of dormitory employees is calculated as 120L/person•d, and that of non-resident employees is calculated as 50L/person•d, so the water consumption of employees is 0.47m3/d (141m3/a).
The main duties of the transport personnel in this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project are to transport raw materials and transport out finished products, and transport personnel do not have board and lodging in the factory area.
The water used by transport personnel is calculated as 5L/person•time, and each transport vehicle of this project is equipped with two transport personnel.
According to the information provided by the construction party, the number of transportations per year is about 1000 times, and the water used by transport personnel is 10m3/a.
There is no production wastewater in this project, only domestic sewage and initial rainwater.
The production and discharge coefficient of domestic sewage is 0.8, the domestic wastewater discharge of employees is 0.376m³/d, (112.8m³/a), and the domestic wastewater discharge of transport personnel is 8m³/a, so the wastewater discharge of this project is 120.8m³/a.
Domestic sewage is used as agricultural fertilizer after being treated in grease traps and septic tanks for comprehensive utilization.
The customer rents the completed factory building, and the site is roughly rectangular.
There are 6 entrances and exits (1#~6#) in this 3t/h biomass pellet making plant project, including 4 entrances and exits (1#~4#) on the south side of the project, 1 entrance and exit (5#) on the north side of the project, and 1 entrance and exit ( 6#).
The factory area is composed of raw material warehouse, crushing area, crushing area, granulation area, packaging area, finished product warehouse and so on.
The raw material warehouse is located in the northwest corner of the project, the finished product warehouse is located in the southeast corner of the project, the crushing area is located on the south side of the raw material warehouse, the crushing area is located on the east side of the raw material warehouse.
And the granulation area and packaging area are located on the north side of the finished product warehouse. The cyclone dust collector is set in the crushing area, and the bag filter is set in the granulation area.
If you want to build your 3t/h biomass pellet making plant, feel free to contact Richi Machinery!