Horse feed mill
The horse feed mill is an integrated horse feed processing system, which can also be called a horse feed production line or horse feed plant, horse feed factory.
It can be used to process pellet horse feed, grass pellets for horses, foal creep pellets, alfalfa pellets for horses, fiber pellets for horses, soy pellets for horses, sugar beet pellets for horses, teff hay pellets for horses, timothy pellets for horses, balancer pellets for horses, rice bran pellets for horses, etc.
RICHI focuses on the research, design, manufacturing and installation services of various types of horse feed mill projects, tailor-made for horse breeding and horse feed production enterprises, integrating raw material reception, automatic cleaning, rapid crushing, precise batching, uniform mixing, efficient granulation, and cooling screening.
- Capacity: 1-100T/H
- price: 10,000-3,000,000 USD
- Feed size from feed mill: 2-12mm pellet feed
- Optional Technology: pelletizing and extrusion technology
- Business scope: New horse feed factory, horse feed factory renovation
- Available horse feed ingredients: alfalfa, teff, timothy, beet pulp, hay, whole oats, corn, rice bran, wheat bran, clover, ryegrass, orchard, oat, wheat, kikuyugrass, mitchell grass, kangaroo grasses, etc.
RICHI complete horse feed production line can integrates separation, automatic packaging and palletizing, and strives to create a horse feed plant project of “safe feed and safe food”.
Types of horse feed mill
According to the type of feed, it can be divided into:
- Complete compound Horse Feed mill
- Concentrate Horse Feed mill
- Ration Balancing Horse Feed mill
- Forage & Hay Horse Feed mill
- fermented feed mill
According to Horse Life Stage, it can be divided into:
- Foal Horse Feed mill
- Growing Horse Feed mill
- Breeding Horse Feed mill
- Maintenance Horse Feed mill
- Adult –Performance Horse Feed mill
- Senior Horse Feed mill
- Weanling/Yearling Horse Feed mill
According to different Special Diet, it can be divided into:
- Alfalfa Diets Horse Feed mill
- Flax-Free Horse Feed mill
- Grain-Free Horse Feed mill
- High Fat Horse Feed mill
- High Fiber Horse Feed mill
- High-Protein Horse Feed mill
- Limited Ingredient Diet Horse Feed mill
- Low Fat Horse Feed mill
- Low Glycemic Horse Feed mill
- Low Starch Horse Feed mill
- Low-Protein Horse Feed mill
- Molasses-Free Horse Feed mill
- No Corn No Wheat No Soy Horse Feed mill
- Organic Horse Feed mill
how to making horse feed pellets? horse feed mill process design
No matter what your horse feed raw materials and formula are, generally speaking, the complete production process of horse feed pellets is as shown below:
- Use advanced, mature, and reliable new processes, new technologies, and new horse feed mill equipment to make the production process as continuous and mechanized as possible.
- Adopt advanced and feasible process indicators. On the premise that the process indicators can be achieved, the process flow lines should be shortened and the transportation equipment should be reduced as much as possible.
- Make full use of raw materials and try to achieve comprehensive utilization while obtaining high product yields and ensuring excellent product quality.
- Consider the possibility of processing different raw materials and producing different products.
- The permissibility of production scheduling should be considered, and possible failures in production should be estimated so that production can proceed normally.
- To ensure safe production, the horse feed mill process must be equipped with relatively complete control instruments and safety facilities.
RICHI Machinery has been committed to providing customers with a comprehensive plan for horse feed pellet production. We provide full consulting services to help our clients realize their vision of rapid development.
Our services include: project evaluation, technical consultation, horse feed mill plant design, equipment manufacturing, installation and commissioning, worker training and other after-sales services. (Find RICHI on YouTube)
Equipment needed to start a Horse feed mill
Proper selection of core horse feed mill equipment can achieve twice the result with half the effort for a continuous production horse feed factory, effectively reduce equipment maintenance time and improve horse feed production efficiency. The followings are main equipment needed in a horse feed mill:
Horse feed Hammer Mill
This grain feed hammer mill crusher machine is used for reducing the particle size of different ingredients in feed. It consists of a rotor on which swinging hammers.
Grass crusher machine
It is especially suitable for large-scale coarse crushing of bales of alfalfa, licorice, ryegrass, straw and other pasture grasses. It has high crushing efficiency and low production cost.
Horse feed Mixer
RICHI engineer team of highly qualified & experienced workforce helps us in manufacturing and supplying horse feed mixing machine for various livestock feeds in feed mills.
Pelleting is a process in which mixed horse feed in powder form is converted into pellets by mechanical compression in combination with moisture and heat.
Used to cool the horse pellets after pressed by the pellet mill, since the horse feed pellets are hot and contain much vapor when just get out of the horse feed pellet mill.
Horse feed Screening machine
Used for screening and classifying powdery materials or pellet feeds in horse feed mills, and can also be used for preliminary cleaning of raw materials in animal feed mill plants.
Suitable for quantitative packaging of horse feed pellets of various sizes and is widely used in feed, chemical industry, grain and oil, new energy pellet and other industries.
horse feed mill Conveyor
An elevator, screw conveyor or scraper conveyor is transport vehicle that efficiently moves people or goods between floors of a building.
Horse feed mill projects
Horse feed mill cost
Based on our past customized plans and quotations for customers, the price of horse feed can be summarized into the following ranges:
- 1-2 t/h horse feed mill cost: 10000-50000 USD
- 3-4 t/h horse feed mill cost: 50000-120000 USD
- 5-7 t/h horse feed mill cost: 70000-250000 USD
- 8-10 t/h horse feed line cost: 150000-300000 USD
- 12-20 t/h horse feed mill cost: 250000-580000 USD
- 25-40 t/h horse feed plant price: 450000-850000 USD
- 50-60 t/h horse feed mill cost: 900000-1400000 USD
- 60-80 t/h horse feed plant cost:: 1450000-1800000 USD
- 80-100 t/h horse feed mill price: 2000000-2800000 USD
If you have plan to make feed pellets for your horse, just contact Richi Machinery directly! Our customized plan for horse feed pellet production definitely can help you reduce the investment cost and ensure the horse feed mill production efficiency !
Characteristics of horse feed
The physiological characteristics of horses are a fermentation zone in the hindgut and a large number of fiber-decomposing bacterial flora in the cecum and colon.
A horse’s diet can be a combination of grass, hay, concentrate or well-sealed high-quality grain crop silage. High-quality green hay with less fiber and green pasture in summer and autumn are the best feed for horses. Crop straw with good palatability and good quality can also be used as roughage for horses.
The tender upper part of corn straw has good palatability, and the straw should be crushed before feeding. Sweet corn and waxy corn stalks left over from processing fresh and tender ears are good forage for horses, and their digestibility is higher than that of cereals.
Cooked soybean meal, oats, and bran are safe feeds for horses and should account for a certain proportion in the diet.
Faqs of setting up Horse feed mill
Why Choose Us?
Tell us about your great team. A few lines of enthusiastic self-introduction can quickly shorten the distance between you and visitors.
Create and develop advanced technologies and provide outstanding horse feed mill solution and services that fulfill the needs of customers worldwide.
Develop customer relationships which provide services tailored to specific customer needs
Utilize Continuous Process Improvement strategies to ensure the highest quality products and services.
RICHI was founded in 1995. As a high-tech enterprise, RICHI remains true to its original aspiration and is committed to the research and development of livestock feed processes for horses, cattle, sheep and other livestock, and provides high-standard and high-quality forage pellet processing for livestock feed production companies and livestock smart breeding companies, and high-efficiency all-dairy horse feed engineering system solutions, continue to innovate independently, upgrade horse livestock feed production line technology, technology and equipment, and achieve green economic and sustainable development of the livestock industry.